Translate

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Free Online Kasuti Embroidery Tutorial Sample 3.3 - Swastik Border

Working this border is not as complicated as it might seem. Just identify the main trip and the side- trips.  Remember, no overlaps.

Step 1: The figure below shows the path I've chosen as my main trip. Yours need not be the same. But this, is the easiest path, and also the least confusing. It ends at 41.

Step 2: Here's where we are going to get confused. So I've changed the colour of the main trip to blue and I've used orange and brown to indicate side trips. With this, we complete the lower half of the design.
Note: If you want to use a different colour for the swastiks, at 44, go on to 51 ...54 and then 61...64, 65.

Step 3: Now there's not going to be any more confusion about main and side-trips. So, for ease of reference, I've changed the colour of all completed portions and the main journey to blue in the image below. So, only the incomplete side-trips will be in brown and orange.


Hope you find this tutorial useful. If you happen to come across any errors, please let me know.

No comments: