Translate

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Free Online Kasuti Embroidery Tutorial Sample 2.2 - Basic Side-Trips

Here's the motif for this lesson.

For this session, I thought I'll take you through the steps involved in using a net for the kasuti embroidery. Here's my worked sample on net.

Here's what it looks like after removing the net. I plan to make this into a purse. Click on the image enlarge.


Before we get into working on a net, let's analyse the motif as usual. I'll explain how to use the net in my next post.  Here are the steps for the forward journey.


Start at 1 and complete all side-trips as you go along. As in life, in embroidery too, it's better to tackle tricky problems head on and be done with it.

The return journey as you can see from the image above is very simple only because we finished all the side trips in the onward journey itself.

Notes: 
First work this as a stand alone motif 2-3 times.  Once you get the hang of it, you may want to try this as a running border. To make the border, I placed 2 motifs adjacent to each other and added a horizontal connecting line.

As always, if you have any problems with working this pattern, let me know and I'll help you out.

I'll walk you through the steps involved in working with a net in my next post.

1 comment:

thamizh said...

Am learning kasuti by ur motifs mam. Very nice illustration thank you so much